Do all complex cysts need to be surgically removed?
get CA125 levels done
Welcome again to HealthcareMagic.
As chances of malignancy are relatively more in complex cyst than a simple cyst, so its excision is preferred.
But you can get your CA125 levels done, which is a tumor marker for ovarian cancer to know if it is a malignant cyst or benign.
If the levels are normal then you can follow it up by usg and CA125 at regular intervals of six months.
Hope i have been helpful.
Dr. Deepika Patil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Complex cyst on ovary bleeding
- Kidney complex cyst prognosis
- Removing a large complex cyst from ovary
- Complex cyst with debris
- Complex cyst thyroid gland
- Complex cyst with mural nodularity
- Complex cyst with indigestion and bloated
- Bilateral complex cysts causes
- Complex cyst on left ovary
- Complex cyst on ovary treatment