Have ovarian cyst, thin septation. Ultrasound shows benign cyst. Complex cyst?

Hello, I am 60 years old and have a 4.7 cm ovarian cyst with one thin septation on my left ovary. I had a small 2 cm simple cyst on my right ovary which has now disappeared. I was planning on having my ovaries removed and still think that I should. An ultrasound report I had today said the 4.7 cyst is a benign process. This is confusing to me. Wouldn't it be considered a complex and therefore questionable cyst if it has a septation? I have no history of ovarian cancer althought my mother did develop breast cancer at age 59. I'm wondering if my decision to go ahead with surgery is a good one.
Thu, 27 Jun 2013