Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods. Pelvic USG shows haemorrhagic cyst. Is surgery must?

i have query about my mothers health.she hv irregular period then doctor to do pelvic usg & the report shows that there is a cyst with low level echoes..haemorrhagic cyst.i want to know is there any danger or problem & what is the treatment for this surgery is must or by medicines it wl cure please suggest me..her age-45
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for using health care magic.

Cyst could be functional ( benign ) or malignant cyst.
Hemorrhagic cyst most often are functional cysts that bleed.
There are two worries with hemorrhagic cysts;
-as a result of the bleeding, they may rupture thus aggravating
the bleeding and causing shock then death if quick surgical
intervention is not done and
-secondly, hemorrhagic cyst could be cancerous as well and this
can only be confirmed by biopsy through open surgery or
The ultrasound should indicate if there is fluid in the pouch of
douglas which will indicate that the cyst is bleeding out of its self
an its an indication of surgery.

You should discuss in details with your doctor on the present ultra
sound findings and the possible intervention needed. but surgery
might be the best.
Best regards.
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor