Do I have a dry scalp
Seborrheic dermatitis is a possibility
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Perhaps I would be able to guide you better if you can tell me a little more about your problem. Do you have scalp flaking? itchy scalp? and How often do you shampoo? what shampoo do you use?
If yes, you not likely have a condition known as seborrheic dermatitis or dandruff in common terms which manifests as flakiness. I would suggest you to use an antidandruff shampoo e.g Sebamed antidandruff shampoo
Hope to assist you further. take care.
Yes, you can upload images in "Reports Section" or you may mail me the images at YYYY@YYYY with the subject line of the mail as Attention: Dr. kakkar.
Which all antidandruff shampoos have you tried?
I would suggest you to use a medicated shampoo e.g a coal tar based shampoo ( Protar lotion or Ionax T shampoo). In addition I suggest you to use topical clobetasol propionate 0.05% lotion or gel e.g Topinate gel for overnight scalp application.
Let me know if you need any more assistance
Seborrheic dermatitis or scalp psoriasis
Yes, after seeing the images I think it is either Seborrheic dermatitis or Scalp psoriasis. Both the conditions have similar presentation.
Let me know if you need any more assistance.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body