Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with osteomyelitis. Suffer constant pain and fever. Should I see a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
I was diagnosed with osteomyelitis 8 years ago and I still suffer with constant pain and fever what kind of doctor should I see
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to consult orthopaedic surgeon

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

Osteomyelitis can remain quiescent for many years in dormant state .If host immunity decreases organisms start multiplying and lead to fever and pain.

I will advise to consult orthopaedic surgeon to assess for any acute on chronic osteomyelitis.
He will check clinically regarding any persistent infection.
When such case comes to our hospital, we advise blood investigation like Complete blood count, ESR, CRP, 3 phase bone scan. And if required MRI of affected bone.

Depending on state of infection medications can be given in form of antibiotic, or if required debridement with sequestrectomy can be done.

I will advise you to improve your immunity to combat against osteomyelitis by high protein food, and some herbal immunity boosters.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor