Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with fatty liver. Is there any cure for this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
have been diagonsed with fatty liver; probaly due to excessive alcohol intake for many years. is there any cure for this?
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Fatty liver is a kind of liver rebuild where liver cells are replaced by fat. It can be caused by alcohol intake indeed. However also obesity or bad diet can cause such issue. When left untreated, fatty liver can turn into liver cirrhosis (what can not be cured). Luckily, fatty liver is reversible. All you need to do is to eliminate fatty liver factors. To do that you should avoid alcohol and improve your diet. Avoid alcohol, fatty foods, spicy foods, fried foods and medicines like pain killers.
You can start L-Ornithine L-Aspartate supplementation.

Diet together with mentioned supplement should help your liver. You should also have cholesterol levels checked and if elevated, statins should be prescribed.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor