What causes nausea and cough after food intake?

Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old, male, Indian. I am suffering from this illness for the past 5 years now. It all started when I was suffering with a mild hepatitis and my cretanin was around 1.0. I consulted some doctors, after which my cretanin level came to normal, but after that I suffer from this illness daily. What happens is that immediately after i have taken breakfast, lunch or dinner, I get nausea feelings and as a result I cough vigorously. It lasts for 5-10 minutes and then every thing seems fine. Sometimes I even vomit (if i have over-eaten). I have gone to various doctors and given my blood tests on various occasions but everything seems to be fine as per their reports. I have tried a lot to find out if there is something to which i am allergic but I am unable to find out. I hope you would be able to give some advise to me. My e-mail Id : YYYY@YYYY Thanks and Regards, Angad
Fri, 28 Dec 2018

It seems that you have GERD which is causing cough and nausea after you take food as most of the tests you have done are normal.

I would advise you to take small but frequent meals with lifestyle modifications such as avoiding spicy and heavy meals, regular walk after meals, avoid stress and raise the head end of the bed by 6 inches.

You can also try prokinetics like metoclopramide or itopride if symptoms still persist despite these lifestyle changes.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Muhammad Zahir Shah, Internal Medicine Specialist