Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with bone cancer. Have swollen shoulder and pain in spine. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Ayurveda Specialist
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 1309 Questions
My grand mother was diagnised last week and got confirmed that she has bone cancer.

she has swollen shoulder and pain in spine. Doctors told it is in Adv stage.

I am attaching MRI and other reports to this query please let me know how we can proceed.
is there any change to increase the life span.
Currently she is suffering with pain. is ther possibility to reduce pain
Thanks in advance
Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 4 hours later
Thanks for writing to us.
I have gone through the reports of your grandmother. The prognosis in such cases is not very encouraging and I cannot make tall claims that Ayurveda can cure it in toto. Yes, one thing we can ensure is that she enjoys a virtually trouble free life.
Along with symptomatic treatment we aim at increasing the immunity, thereby restricting the fast spread. Haldi, sat giloya and abhrak sahastra puti bhasam , arogya vardhini vati, Kanchnar and triodashang guggul along with Aoim-Z will offer her good relief.
The report show disc dessications in lumbar vertebrae and in ayurveda there is a panch karma procedure called kati vasti where in slightly hot oil is kept over vertebra involved. It gives very good relief. I recommend XXXXXXX tail and vish Garbh tail to be mixed and kept over vertebra involved for half 45 minutes daily
With this she will be much better and lead a longer healthy life.
Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor