Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with a posterior temporal lobe cavernous malformation. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Neurologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 65 Questions
I have been diagnosed with a posterior right temporal lobe cavernous malformaion, 2x2cm per MRI. I want to go to Stanford hospital because of their expertise in this type, but my insurance is not letting me go there. I am being referred to Dr. Andrews here in San Francisco. I am not sure what I should do, since there is no mention of Dr. Andrews fixing cavernous malformation.
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Shivakumar S. Kupanur 4 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

I am really sorry, it would be difficult for me to comment on surgeon's expertise level as I do not know him personally.

As you have been referred, he should be able to fix the problem. But, ideal thing would be to XXXXXXX your referring doctor. He should be aware of Dr. Andrews profile. So kindly discuss with your primary care physician or the referring doctor.

I hope, this information helps you.

Get well soon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor