What causes abdominal bloating and gas?
Thank you for the query.
CT is a good test but it does not visualize gallstones, does not tell anything about the stomach or large intestine. Hepatomegally or hemangioma do not cause any pain. So your symptoms are rather caused by something else.
If you have also upper middle abdominal pain, stomach issues are possible and gastroscopy needs to be done.
If there is a pain/discomfort in the upper right and radiates to the back, gallstones are the reason. In such case abdominal ultrasound is necessary.
If you have any diarrhea/constipation, blood in stool, weight loss, large intestine issue is the reason and colonoscopy needs to be done.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal bloating causes
- Abdominal bloating caused by growth hormone
- Can uterine polyp cause abdominal bloating
- Abdominal bloating with gas is bloating common in ovarian cancer
- Believing post-nasal drip causing abdominal bloating what to do
- Does simvastatin cause abdominal bloating
- Stomach and abdominal bloating causes
- What causes abdominal bloating after a hysterectomy
- Can fibroids cause abdominal bloating
- What causes abdominal bloating with weight gain