Developed prickly heat spots, itching. Applied moisturiser. Is it serious?
It can be still prickly heat which can come all over the body.
Keep him cold ,twice a day bath,light cotton cloths,plenty of fluids like juices,tender coconut water,etc.
The other cause is viral fevers but he has no fever!
For itching you can give him antihistamine syrup like cetrizine or chlorphenramine .
Get it prescribed by the doctor and watch.
Prickly heat is an ongoing process.- a crop takes takes 3-4 days to dry and subside.
The heat has to be taken care of.
Use AC or coolers.
It will have a burning sensation also.- probably causing his cry.
Give him antihistamine syrup twice a day and also 2.5 m of paracetamol for pain and irritation.
Consult a dermatologist .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Prickly heat crotch
- Prickly heat spots inside belly button
- Treatment prickly heat for newborn
- Apply prickly heat powder to penis
- Itching skin prickly heat appears treatment
- Virus prickly heat
- Prickly heat marks on glans itching
- Does prickly heat rash itch
- Developed prickly heat spots itching applied moisturiser is it serious
- Prickly heat and psoriasis