What do small bumps over the back and neck of an infant indicate?

Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Child Health
Question: hi,
my baby is 3 months old. he had these other grains all over his back and neck. we had used cutie soft for a week after consulting a doctor. these grains continue to be there and even spread.
please suggest
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Apply calamine lotion, keep the area dry,avoid excess heat or humidity

Detailed Answer:
Hello

thanks for choosing this platform

I have seen the image and to me these rashes appear to be Miliaria. These rashes appear due to excessive sweat production leading to blockage of sweat gland.
Here I would suggest you to keep the room temperature around 27-29 degree centigrade to avoid excessive heat.Use loose cotton cloths and keep the area dry.
Apply calamine lotion.
If lesions persist even after taking all these measures please consult a pediatrician/dermatologist. As in resistant cases application of hydrocortisone cream helps.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana