Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Delayed period. Trying to conceive. Estrogen levels less, endometrium wall not thick enough. Can I get pregnant?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12749 Questions
Hello Doctor,

My last periods was on May 6th. My cycle is 30 to 33 days usually. I didn't get my periods for XXXXXXX month yet. I am married for 15 months.. was trying to conceive. last month when i consulted the doctor , she said the estrogen levels are less and the endometruim wall thickness is less compared to normal and prescribed few medicines. she asked me to take from the 3rd day of my periods but it didnt come yet. i am really scared to take a pregnancy test at home also as it may come negative and didn't want to get disappointed.. Is there any possibilities to concieve if the endometruim thickness is less .. or how long will i have to wait.. is there any pregnancy symptoms ??
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
If the endometrium thickness is slightly lesser, then the chances of conception are comparatively lower.
Pregnancy symptoms include absent or delayed period for more than 10 days along with morning sickness, vomiting, frequent urination, feeling tired, tenderness of breasts, light-headedness, feeling dizzy, getting irritated, and increase sensitivity to smell.

Since your periods are overdue, you can test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test kit. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.
Ruling out pregnancy is essential to find out the cause of your delayed periods and further treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor