Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Cracks on hands & legs in cold season

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 988 Questions
my father is suffering skin related problem in cold season.hand and leg me darar ho jata hai.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 52 minutes later

Thank you for posting the query,
XXXXXXX this is a common problem seen in winters and especially in old age group people.Also seen in people who don't take care of their feet by using a moisturizers frequently or scrubbing it good with a scrubber .This is also sen in patients who often walk bare footed .Other causes are continues exposure to water ,back open sandals, standing for long durations , unhygienic conditions , ill-fitting shoes, naturally dry skin, over weight ,diseases like psoriasis,eczema,thyroid ,diabetes etc.

At home what you can do is first soak the feet in XXXXXXX warm water for about 15 minutes at night .Following this dab it properly and use creams containing salicylic acid or lactic acid (of various concentration) over the affected area.If you see any bleeding over the cracks then do apply a antibiotic cream containing mupirocin for few days over the bleeding points.

Keep these creams over night and in the morning scrub it good with the help of a scrubber. Following this apply a good moisturizing cream at least 4-5 time a day all over the sole.

You can even go for a pedicure at any good parlor.For proper medicines you can consult a dermatologist ,as most of the over the counter creams for this don't work good.

Hope I have answered your query, Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor