Could Clopidogrel be taken along with Ramipril for hypertension?
It is now 173/86 pulse 61
I have a history of High BP on Ramapril 5 mg Daily
Should I also be taking Clopidogrel. Which I have not been taking for fear of side effects
I am Male aged 72 weight at last weighing was 10stb8 lbs I am 5'4
Please refer to the detailed answer below
After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that first of all you need to control your blood pressure as it going high.
Along with ramipril it's advisable that you should start one more antihypertensive medicine like Amlodipine 5mg . Have ramipril in the morning and Amlodipine in the evening. Also take dietary measure like low salt diet.
Regarding clopidogrel I would like to suggest you to take Aspirin 81mg instead of clopidogrel.
I hope this information will be helpful.
Dr Bhanu partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Labile hypertension taken metopolol losartan bp fluctuation during menstruation
- Headache dizziness hypertension taken betahistine and robaxin nausea catarrh
- Increased heartbeat rate nervousness hypertension taken prolomet no relief treatment
- Ramipril dosage for hypertension
- Does losartan hctz taken for hypertension cause body odour
- Taking bisoprolol for hypertension itching facial skin taken fexofenadine help
- Have hypertension taken losar feeling lazy weight increase
- Hypertension and pulmonary hypertension
- Hypertension vs pulmonary hypertension
- Is recita forte tablet taken during hypertension