question-icon

Could Clopidogrel be taken along with Ramipril for hypertension?

Posted on Tue, 24 Jul 2018
Question: Just had two reading's within the last 15. Minutes first was 163/122 so took it again A few minutes later
It is now 173/86 pulse 61
I have a history of High BP on Ramapril 5 mg Daily
Should I also be taking Clopidogrel. Which I have not been taking for fear of side effects
I am Male aged 72 weight at last weighing was 10stb8 lbs I am 5'4
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (47 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that first of all you need to control your blood pressure as it going high.

Along with ramipril it's advisable that you should start one more antihypertensive medicine like Amlodipine 5mg . Have ramipril in the morning and Amlodipine in the evening. Also take dietary measure like low salt diet.

Regarding clopidogrel I would like to suggest you to take Aspirin 81mg instead of clopidogrel.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist