Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Color change in foreskin. Should I consult a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
my penis top skin color changed around 1 month back from pink to pale whitish, while at the top most part there is still a small circular pink patch.
I have not seen any doctor yet , please suggest.
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be balano-posthitis- infection of the part.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to the forum.
A consultation with a urologist or a surgeon is a must.
It could mean infection of the part.
Infection of the glans and the foreskin is common, especially among diabetics.
Please get examined and get your sugars checked.
Also the doc will check if the foreskin is too tight.
best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor