Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Child having sores in mouth. What could be done?

Feb 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3176 Questions
Hi my 3 year old son is still in a lot of pain since sunday night with sores in hos mouth, i have attached a photo of the main sore on the end of his tongue
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like aphthous ulcers.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

I went through the picture you attached along with this query.

The sores in his mouth and tongue are mostly due to aphthous ulcers or due to deficiency of vitamins especially B complex vitamins. Another possibility is Hand-Foot-Mouth disease, but here there are blisters present on hands and feet in addition to oral ulcers.

These sores can be treated by supplementing the child with a multivitamin syrup.

And for pain, local application of local anesthetic agent such as choline and benzalkonium chloride especially 5 to 10 minutes before giving food for pain relief.

Therefore I suggest you to consult the pediatrician for clinical examination and to prescribe medication for pain relief and vitamin supplementation.

Give him soft bland diet and plenty of oral fluids. Avoid spicy foods.

And encourage him to eat more vegetables, leafy vegetables, fruits, and whole grains in his regular diet to provide adequate amounts of vitamins.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor