Child has severe pain behind knee and developed pimples. How to treat this?

Dr. Samik Basu

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Question: Yes my daughter 7 is complaining of severe pain behind her knees and she winces when I touch there. No visible sign of damage, bite etc. also in last week she has looked bloated and has developed several pimples? YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 32 minutes later

Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
Is the area red and swollen?
Is it behind the knee cap or behind the knee (backside)?
For the time being apply some cold compress and give her some pain killers.
If the pain does not subside you need to have that area inspected by a pediatrician to find out is what's wrong.
Bloating and pimples have no relation to this event, I suppose.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Follow up: Dr. Samik Basu 5 minutes later
Is it normal for 7 year olds to get pimples and what would cause this
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 5 minutes later
Pimples usually occurs more in oily skin.
Use a face wash regularly and avoid oil based skin creams.
Ask your daughter to take lots of fluids and fruits.
Bye