Child has mild fever, achy body and pain while breathing. What is the problem?

Dr. Santosh Kondekar

Pediatrician

Posted on Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: My daughter had a low grade fever yesterday but today okay. She's achey all over and now she feels her chest is breaking and when she breathes in it stings.
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 4 hours later
Hi…
Presence of mild fever may be early part of a viral infection… so is myalgia and body ache.
Discomfort in breathing with pain… warrants an x XXXXXXX to confirm or rule out pneumonia or pleurisy (inflammation of the coverings over the lungs)

Do write back with details… Maintain adequate hydration and urine output… should visit emergency. dept if breathing gets faster.

Thanks.