Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Child has low grade fever, taking Droxyl. Negative for malaria. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
My son is suffering from low grade fever since 3-4 days and staying far away. Doctor has prescribed him Droxyl-500 with some analgesic+antipyretic. What he should do...........

As I have already mentioned that since last three years, at an interval of 5-6 months, my son suffers from the problem i.e. low grade fever with no other symptoms. Initially, it was a problem for correct diagnosis. Thereafter, one of the Doctors diagnosis was 'Malaria' while the test for malaria was negative. The Doctor treated him with the antimalarial drugs and after a long sufferings my son was OK. Thereafter, every 5-6 months he suffers from the same problem and the treatment is also the same i.e. full antimalarial drugs treatment. Now, my concern is what is this and what should be the treatment for permanent cure.
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Follow-up: Child has low grade fever, taking Droxyl. Negative for malaria. What to do? 14 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Before commenting on this, I would request you to answer the following questions:
a. When you say low grade fever, has someone measured the fever with a thermometer for 2 full minutes and taken a treatment? If yes, how much is it?
b. What all tests have been done for him? Can you share the reports?
c. What were the physical examination findings of the physician? Was an enlarged spleen or liver noticed?
d. Has an antigen test for malaria been done for him?
e. Apart from the fever right now, does he have any other complaints?
f. Where is your son staying right now?

once I have the answers , we can discuss this condition better

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor