Child has chalazion. Not getting cured. Should I be worried?

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: My daughter has had a chalazion for about 2 months. It does not bother her and is not infected. We do hot compresses each evening and it does seem to be getting somewhat smaller. Is this a XXXXXXX condition and do I need to be worried?
XXXXXX
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXX,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
This is a very innocuous condetion.A slightly firm cyst after a bout of infection.
Continue with this foamention and a majority of them regress.
We have to operate them if they are non resolving and look unsightly.
Give it another month or two and it will resolve.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.