Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Child complaining of burning sensation while passing urine and frequency is high. Helped with citralka. Suggest?

Feb 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3176 Questions
Hi my 9 year old daughter is complaining of burning sensation while passing urine and the frequency is very high. She got it 2 days back
Tried giving her citralka it's slightly better. Today morning she wet her bed.
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 29 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Your child is having the clinical picture of urinary tract infection.

A course of antibiotic covering the bacteria causing urinary tract infection is required.

Before starting the antibiotic, her urine sample to be given for complete urine examination (CUE), and urine for culture and sensitivity to know the presence of infection and the causative bacteria and its sensitivity to antibiotic.

Ask her to drink plenty of water.

You can continue citralka in prescribed dosage.

Consult the pediatrician for physical examination, ordering urine investigations, and for the prescription of antibiotic.

Depending on the urine culture report which comes after 24 to 48 hours, the antibiotic can be modified or continued.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor