Can vitamin B deficiency cause numb, tingling sensation throughout the body along with slurred speech?
May need to have electrolytes, sugar and thyroid levels with NCS
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.
Based on the history you have shared, it needs to be evaluated ilby a detailed neurological examination by your primary care physician or by a neurologist involving both motor and sensory systems of upper and lower limbs.
If its unremarkable and tingling persists, a nerve conduction study and EMG may also be needed to rule out any underlying neuropathic changes. Though myopathy or muscular issue seems least likely but can be ruled out if symptoms recurred. CT scan brain may also be needed in case if such symptoms reappeared again or persisted in the same intensity.
A baseline level of B12, folic acid, D3 levels, calcium levels, and serum electrolytes including serum pottasium levels should be done alongwith a thyroid profile and blood sugars. Continue healthy balanced diet and add Vitamin D3, calcium and folic acid alongwith B12.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does exforge cause vitamin b deficiency
- Test for vitamin b deficiency
- Can nuvaring cause vitamin b deficiency
- Vitamin b deficiency and cortisol
- What symptoms does a vitamin b deficiency cause
- Vitamin b deficiency causes
- Effects of vitamin b deficiency
- Does lisinopril cause vitamin b deficiency
- Vitamin b deficiency manifestations
- Can vitamin b deficiency cause siatica