Can urinating cause precum to flush up into the urethra?

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Fri, 20 Apr 2018 in Men's Health
Question: Noticed what looked like pre cum 1 sticky strand at the very tip of my urethra a couple of hours after ejaculating! Although I'd had a shower could urinating have flushed it up ? Wasn't arroused at the time I noticed
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:

Precum would be secreted from the glands around the male genital system and there need not be a sexual arousal to have this precum. This is like lubrication and cleansing of urinary tract. so at times you can find it at the tip of penis.

So please do not worry and wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Suma Parinam 5 minutes later
So it could stay even after washing and urinating presenting itself later on ?thanks
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:
If you are not sexually active or not masturbating it would still ooze out while urinating.
Follow up: Dr. Suma Parinam 10 minutes later
I masturbated earlier on in the day cleaned and urinated around two hours later noticed the clear strand at the tip! Does urine bring it to the tip ??
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes urine brings it to the tip

Detailed Answer:
If you masturbate some precum that is left out appears at the tip after urination or before urination.