Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Can persistent yeast infection be treated with D&C?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 3054 Questions
Ihave bad vaginal odor and a frbroid like a marble. I am a 59 year old female. Every 5-6 months I go to a gyn and I am given flagyl and something for the yeast infection they find. Now a gyn says I need a D & C because this has gone on for more than 15 years. I am 255 lbs and prediabetic and have high blood pressure. Will the D&C be okay? will it solve anything. They told me it will detect a possible uterine cancer that could be the cause of my constant infections and pain on the left side of my uterus whenever I get a transvaginal exam and the instrument hits that area. I don't want complications from D& C.I need your advice
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get your paps smear.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mam,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
If you are having recurrent vaginal infection and odor it could be due to vaginal dryness due to hormonal imbalance in postmenopausal women.
You can use antifungal and lubricant to relieve your symptoms and get your paps smear test done.
To diagnose uterine cancer you can go for hysteroscopic endometrial biopsy,no need of D&C as such.
Marble size is not an issue after menopause as such.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor