Can persistent yeast infection be treated with D&C?

Excellent
Question
Ihave bad vaginal odor and a frbroid like a marble. I am a 59 year old female. Every 5-6 months I go to a gyn and I am given flagyl and something for the yeast infection they find. Now a gyn says I need a D & C because this has gone on for more than 15 years. I am 255 lbs and prediabetic and have high blood pressure. Will the D&C be okay? will it solve anything. They told me it will detect a possible uterine cancer that could be the cause of my constant infections and pain on the left side of my uterus whenever I get a transvaginal exam and the instrument hits that area. I don't want complications from D& C.I need your advice
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get your paps smear.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mam,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
If you are having recurrent vaginal infection and odor it could be due to vaginal dryness due to hormonal imbalance in postmenopausal women.
You can use antifungal and lubricant to relieve your symptoms and get your paps smear test done.
To diagnose uterine cancer you can go for hysteroscopic endometrial biopsy,no need of D&C as such.
Marble size is not an issue after menopause as such.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.