Can monomorphic RVOT cause premature atrial contraction?
Please answer these Qs:
1) If I have monomorphic RVOT, how can that cause SVT? Can monomorphic RVOT cause PAC?
2) Does a cardiac MRI seem like a better diagnostic test for me?
I would explain as follows:
Welcome on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would like to explain that right ventricular outflow tract (RVOT) tachycardia may be seen in around 10% of individuals with structurally normal hearts.
1) But before concluding on a RVOT ventricular tachycardia or whether a supraventricular is present instead, it is important to investigate the ECG patterns in several leads (V1, DII, DIII, aVF, aVL, aVR), for concluding on the arrhythmogenic focus of tachycardia (anterior or posterior RVOT).
Please could you upload an ECG recording with presence of tachycardia.
Depending on the degree of focal fibrosis (conotruncal region) will depend the predisposition for triggering tachycardia which is of ventricular origin but may resemble a supraventricular tachycardia pattern.
When there exist supra-valvular automatic foci as a consequence of muscular sleeves that cross the pulmonary valve and the right and left coronary cusps of the aortic valve, PACs may be present as well as SVT.
2) Because in the generation of RVOT tachycardia are accused several arrhythmogenic focuses within the conotruncal region (fibrosis, fibrofatty tissue), special imagine studies like MRI may be helpful in revealing these foci, their expansion degree, making thus possible an appropriate ablation attempt.
So, MRI may yield a better view of the problem, making possible an effective treatment with non-pharmacologic approach (cardiac ablation).
Hope to have been helpful!
In case of any further uncertainties, feel free to ask me again.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of fetal premature atrial contractions
- Premature atrial contractions causes in unborn baby
- Can menopause cause premature atrial contractions
- Marijuana causing premature atrial contractions
- Premature atrial contractions treatment
- Premature atrial contraction in infants
- What caused premature atrial contractions pacs
- Premature atrial contractions causes in unborn
- What could cause premature atrial contractions
- Premature atrial contraction causes