Can i travel with swollen ankle post injury?
You can fly with a knee brace and ankle support
I have read your case and I can assure you that you can travel safely with out any long term danger. You have not mentioned if you are able to walk or not. I would suggest you to wear a knee brace and compression bandage on ankle during your flight. Do not keep your leg hanging. It would be better if you can keep your leg elevated on support. I would also suggest you to use wheel chair if it is painful during walking when you are taking your flight.
I would also suggest you to take NSAID like Etoricoxib after discussing with your doctor.
As soon as you reach in Europe, I would suggest you to get x ray of the knee and ankle joint to make sure that there is no hairline fracture in ankle or knee.
I hope this answer will be useful for you. Let me know if you have any other query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Shin injury large lump bruising swollen ankle yellow discoloration treatment
- Shin injury nausea bruise swollen ankle purple discolouration blood pooling
- Suggest treatment for swollen ankle caused by an injury
- Swollen ankle post stent
- Knee injury swollen ankle
- Swollen stomach swollen ankles
- Post polio swollen ankles
- Shin injury swollen ankles treatment
- Post leg stent swollen ankle
- Swollen ankles prostate cancer
- Suggest treatment for foot drop
- What are symptoms of rib fracture?
- What causes pain in inside of elbow of both arms?
- Suggest treatment for cervical spondylitis
- What causes red knots on arms,legs and body with swelling on ankles?
- What causes pain and swelling in knee and calf with history of...
- Can i travel with swollen ankle post injury?
- What causes throbbing pain in right side of abdomen?
- What is the cause and treatment for pain in heels?
- What causes pain in ankle radiating to heel?