What does my MRI scan report indicate?
Attach is my MRI done in July-2016. I went on a bed rest fir two months and was on medication and after that it was fine. I have pain attacks sometimes but they are usually for a day only.
Pain because of old disc prolapse.
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel, Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have checked the reports attached.
There are two aspects-
1, Old Disc Prolapse at ? L4-5 which is large and pain improved on medication in the past.
2. New pain - which is more centered around upper hips on both sides.
This new pain could be due to muscular spasm as a result of degenerative changes occurring at the site of disc prolapse.
In this case , when you have only back pain and no leg pain , I would recommend pain killers and muscle relaxants for 5-7 days and Muscle strengthening exercises of the back ( starting day zero). Certain precautions are to be taken like avoid forward bending and weight lifting.
If there is leg pain or if this pain does not go away in 3-4 weeks , then fresh MRI may be required.
Hope it solves your dilemma. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Medicines as adv below
Medicines to be taken are any pain killer and muscle relaxants.
Pain killers I normally give etoricoxib and as muscle relaxant I give myoril to my patients.
I have no idea about insurance in your place. I suggest that you get prescription from your local doctor (who is covered under your medical insurance).
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Did mri scan of brain what does the report say
- What do mri scans show
- What do mri scans detect
- What does my mri scan report mean
- Mri scan on hand what to expect
- Had mri scan what are the findings in the report
- What does these mri scan of spine indicate
- What do the findings in mri scan of spine indicate
- Got an mri scan what does this report indicate
- Mri scan what to expect
- Suggest treatment for electric pulsation sensation near the shoulder blade
- What causes swelling and bruising in the knee after a fall?
- What does the following knee MRI report indicate?
- Is intramedullary nailing an effective treatment for displaced tibial...
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the thighs
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness in the finger after injury
- What causes severe leg weakness and increased BP while on Amlodipine?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and bruising on top of the foot
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and muscle weakness
- What do these following MRI findings indicate?