Can i go for stress test inspite of having BP medicines?

Dr. Sukhvinder Singh

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am taking BP medicine, is it adviseable to go for stress stress?
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes you may get test done.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir
Stress testing is not forbidden for patients who are hypertensive and are controlled on drugs. We do stop beta blockers and some other medicines prior to stress test but that depends upon the local practice. We normally do not stop any of these drugs prior to stress test in our lab. However you must confirm with your lab.
We do postpone the test if patient has uncontrolled pressure.
Sincerely
Sukhvinder
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad