Can hypothyroidism cause burning sensations and severe pain on the neck?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018

General Surgeon
Question
My wife(29years) two days back she had a burning sensation and sever pain on her left side neck. From yesterday we could see swelling and blackness throughout the painful area.. she has hypothyroidism .. please advice.. I have attached the photo for your reference
Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Infections

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Insect bite or infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood the concerns about your wife.
Burning sensation and pain preceding blackness and swelling on left side of neck is indicative of an inflammatory lesion.
This can be due to insect bite or infection of a lymph node or developing an abscess.
Photo is not yet attached - I can not see it.
You can upload images/reports with the help of the 'Upload' feature available on the right side of your page. Alternatively you can send to YYYY@YYYY
Awaiting for the photos.

Follow-up: Can hypothyroidism cause burning sensations and severe pain on the neck? 7 minutes later
photo attached

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Looks to be due to insect

Detailed Answer:
This looks like an insect bite or comes on after some insect is rubbed over inadvertently.
Surely needs treatment with antihistamine, oral steroids if required, antibiotics and painkillers. Since these are prescription based please consult your Doctor asap to get the exact diagnosis and get a prescription based treatment.
Careful follow is also needed as the picture can be varied with time and needing altered management.