Can gonorrhea of the throat be detected through a urine test?

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi
Will a urine sample detect gonnerhea of the throat?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NO

Detailed Answer:
HI,

A urine sample cannot determine gonorrhea of the throat. If you trongly suspect you might have that, then a throat specimen is ideal to investigate the presence or absence of the germ.

I wish you well and feel free to follow up with me for more information and clarifications if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
thanks

1 final question. If a sexual partner is diagnosed with anal gonorrhoea can I be infected from having oral penile sex with that partner. do you have to have direct contact with infected area to be infected.

thank you

If a sexual partner is diagnosed with anal gonorrhoea can I be infected from having oral penile sex with that partner. do you have to have direct contact with infected area to be infected.

thank you
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you need direct contact with infected area!

Detailed Answer:

These are very fragile germs that only survive from one person to another. That is why they are sexually transmitted and not deposited on other surfaces that persons can contract illnesses from.

You need to have them directly deposited for any infection to spring up from that.

I hope this addresses the query. Let me know if there is anything more you want me to do to you!
Dr. Ivo Ditah