Can excess white matter in the brain be detected through an MRI?

Question
what is on A MRI ? I have a lot of white matter?
Tue, 15 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It depends on what area was imaged!

Detailed Answer:

An MRI obtains images of body organs by making use of magnetic waves. What organs are visualized on an MRI depends on the site of the imaging.

No one ever has excess white matter. We may have areas where white matter is lost but never the contrary. I will suggest that you upload the entire report to me for review and guidance interpreting it.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well and waiting to receive the uploaded reported for dissection and more insights to allow for greater understanding.