Can excess white matter be detected through an MRI?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Tue, 15 May 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: what does a mri show when a lot of white matter and no one told me anything else but it is 200 pages long?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
White matter is normally present in the brain.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your query.

I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist, and I would try my best to help you.

I have noted your details. Based on this, I would like to say that white matter is normally present in brain and it would be visible on MRI too. What we need to know is that- whether the white matter is normal or is there any abnormality present?

Most MRI reports of brain are 1-2 pages long. So, I am surprised that you received a 200 page report. Can you upload the first two pages of the report?

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 57 minutes later
when I get it i really need a straight answer!

i'm going Friday to get it!
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sure, will do.

Detailed Answer:
Please upload the MRI report once you get it. Surely, I would provide a straight answer.

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana