Can an elederly be given yellow fever vaccine?
evaluation before administration. Increased risk
I went through the query and understood your concern.
Yes it is possible but with extra precautions as the vaccine presents an increased risk of adverse reaction in adults aged 60 and older, with the risk increasing again with age. The reaction can produce multiple organ failure and should be evaluated carefully before being administered.
I hope this information helps you and answered your question. Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Yellow fever vaccine banglore
- Yellow fever vaccination in sperm
- Yellow fever vaccination center
- Yellow fever vaccine and alcohol
- Usage of Yellow fever vaccine
- Yellow fever vaccine duration
- Methotrexate and yellow fever vaccine
- Yellow fever vaccination and alcohol
- Yellow fever vaccination pregnancy
- Yellow fever vaccine complications
- Experiencing slight pinches at the top of heart. Have heart burn and...
- Have low thyroid, having rashes and cramping in legs. Suggest the...
- Body tingles while coughing. Anything wrong?
- Have swelling in perineum. Having reddish discharge near anus. Diagnosis?
- On ropinerol and levodopa for parkinson's disease. Hallucinating...
- Is it possible to have a tonsil stone lodged in the epiglottis?
- Have tenderness on head. Taken methylprednisolone. Done blood test...
- Vein in hand keeps twitching and pulsating. Reason?
- Swallowed a gold crown. Suggest the treatment
- Friend suffering from chicken pox. Should I take any medicine as a...