Can a urine infection cause lower stomach pain?
Both infections can co-exist.
Thanks for your query.
Per se urine infection can not cause pain in bowels.
It looks to be enteritis you are suffering from. IT is better to get checked clinically by a Doctor to see the vitals= temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure ( considering your age of 77); Investigations of the blood , urine and still as may be thought necessary by our Doctor , an ultrasonography of the whole abdomen.
You need to start the antibiotic and supportive therapy under the guidance of your Doctor.
May of the newer antibiotic is / are effective equally on the gastro-intestinal tract and the urinary tract too. Take plenty of oral fluids and have probiotics and supportive medicines.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Could a urine infection cause severe lower abdominal pain
- Causes of repeat urine infections
- Lipotrim cause urine infection
- Urine infection causes
- Urine infection back pain
- Urine infection tuberculosis causes
- What causes urine infections
- Recurrent urine infections caused
- Does trimethoprim prescribed for urine infection cause stomach pain
- Controlled urine infection causes