Can a sinus infection trigger a sharp pain on the lower left side of the rib?
Will need chest Xray and antibiotics
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.
Based on the history you have shared, it can be a sign of lower respiratory tract infection as pain can be triggered by that. Having a chest X-ray is a must as some atypical pneumonias may present with both gastric and respiratory symptoms.
A baseline blood work up for infections like complete blood counts and ESR is better to start with. You may need antibiotics like azithromycin. Another possibility of stomach pain still exists which can be triggered with medications like aspirin and neproxen.
Using antacids like omperazole can be helpful. Meanwhile antispasmodic like drotavarine can help with cramps. Soft diets and fluids should be continued however oral rehydration salts according to preparations should also be added.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope to this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sinus infections ear pain
- Sinus infection hunger pains
- Hand pain with sinus infection
- Sinus infection breast pain
- Mycobacteria sinus infection pain
- Sharp pain above eye sinus infection
- Sinus infection face pain
- Left side chest pain with a sinus infection
- Sinus infection and jaw pain
- Sinus infection sharp pains
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?