• question-icon

Can Zyprexa with a combination of ginger and turmeric help in quitting tobacco?

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016 in General Health
Question:

Hi again my friend :)

i am trying to quit tobacco.
So i am looking at other stimulant herbs to come instead of tobacco to help me quit it.

i am thinking of two stimulant herbs:

1. Ginger.
2. Turmeric (main active ingredient in Turmeric: Curcumin).

Today i am on Zyprexa 8,75 mg tablet oral dose per day.

so the reason why i am sending you this is to check with you if Turmeric and Ginger are safe in combination with Zyprexa.

Maybe you need to do some research into medical documents to find out the correct answer. if that is additional work that is not included in my paid subscription to healthcaremagic.com then i am willing to pay extra. if that is possible. :)

Your assistance is greatly appreciated. :)

PS: i've talked to you many times before on this website but there comes "discussion closed." so i always need to open a new discussion. i'd rather like if all our conversations were at one place so you would know that its me when im talking to you :) but i think its ok this way too :)

PS 2: My age is 27 but it did not work to write that so i lied and wrote 28 years of age with this question so the question would go through.

i wish you a very good day.
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
safe combination

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,

Thanks for writing back. I am aware about your case. And for better understanding this service shows me all our past communications when you post a new query so no need to worry about that aspect.

Ginger and turmeric are quite safe with zyprexa, no need to worry about that combination.

I appreciate that you want to quit tobacco. Many patients can quit tobacco with strong motivation and without medicine support. Hope you will be one of them.
As such there is no scientific role of ginger and turmeric in tobacco deaddiction. In our traditional food these both herbs are daily used and my wife is ayurvedic doctor so I am aware about these herbs.

Ginger is very useful for digestion and immunity. It may help in tobacco withdrawal symptoms like low appetite, indigestion and constipation. It should be taken in limited amount so it should not cause gastric irritation.

Turmeric has as such no role except helps in immunity and taste of the food.

I am thankful for your proposal for extra payment.

Hope you have got the answer. Feel free to ask further.

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist