Can Wellbutrin cause anxiety?
yes you can stop and inform your doctor
Thanks for writing to us.
Wellbutrin causes anxiety in 5-7 % of the patients. In your case anxiety is likely due to the same.
There are possible drug interaction between wellbutrin and zoloft.
Bupropion will increase the level or effect of sertraline by affecting hepatic enzyme CYP2D6 metabolism.
Sertraline increases levels of bupropion by affecting hepatic enzyme CYP2B6 metabolism. Potential for interaction, monitor. Sertraline may inhibit hydroxylation of bupropion to its major active metabolite hydroxybupropion.
Considering this aspect I recommend to stop wellbutrin and discuss with your doctor.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
wait for a while, better to take benzo for short time
Thanks for follow up and sorry for delayed response.
It is possible that your anxiety may reduce on its own up to some extent after stopping wellbutrin as it is side effect of the same. If you have anxiety severe enough which requires medicine I recommend taking benzodiazepine(ativan, klonopin or xanax) for short duration. Increasing zoloft would not give any immediate benefit.
Of course you can increase dose of zoloft up to 200 mg (which is maximum recommended dose) for your basic psychiatric problem after consulting your doctor.
Feel free to discuss further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Chlorpromazine and Sodium Valproate Sandoz be taken in pregnancy?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest treatment for delayed ejaculation
- How to wean off of Trazadone?
- What causes anxiety and visual problems after taking psychedelic mushrooms?
- Suggest treatment for anxiety
- What causes drowsiness during day time?
- Can Solian and Lexapro be taken together?
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction caused by over masturbation
- Suggest an alternative treatment for premature ejaculation