Can Udiliv be give ton an elderly for appetite loss?

Question
A OLD MAN OF 80 YEARS WITH LOSS OF APPITITE CAN BE GIVEN UDILIV 150 MG OR NOT.THE OLD MAN RECENTLY GONE THROUGH BILE DUCT STUNTING (PLASTIC).
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Elderly Problems

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 27 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it would be very beneficial

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help.

I can understand your concern for the patient, but as the individual has undergone bile duct stenting the normal functions that are performed by the bile duct would not be taking place. For this reason, udiliv is prescribed (with the active ingredients ursodesoxycholic acid) which helps in treating gall bladder stones, liver disease (especially fatty liver), helps reduce cholesterol levels, and in individuals with gall bladder abnormalities.

So in your fathers case, udiliv would certainly help and should be given to your father as it will help in performing those functions that a normal gall bladder would be performing. So please go ahead with taking this medication, not just for a short duration of time, but for the long-term as well.

I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you further.

Best wishes.