Can Sinecod be taken with Depakote?

Dr. Lohit K

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am taking depakote. Is it ok to take cough medicines such as Sinecod with that?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes. Both depress CNS activity. Better to avoid

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for using healthcare magic.
I went through the query & understood your concern..

Sinecod is a cough supressant and hence depress central nervous system(CNS) activity and depakote (sodium valproate) also depress CNS.So there will be interactions with higher doses. So you can take sinecod at low dose if absolute necessary or elso better to avoid. Do regular salt water gargle.

If you have any further query, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Follow up: Dr. Lohit K 2 minutes later
Thank you for your answer.Can i take augmentin antibiotic with depakote?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes. No interaction

Detailed Answer:

Yes you can take Augmentin with depakote. Its safer and no interaction. Take augmentin after food twice daily.

Hope this answered your query and helpful to you. If you are satisfied with my query please close the query and write a review as well.

Wish you good health.