• question-icon

Can STD be contracted through unprotected sex?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hello Dr. 10 days ago I told my Dr. that after 2.5 weeks since unprotrcted sex I was experiencing white/yellowish discharge from my penis. on day 3 -5 after sexual contact i experienced pain while urination but that is gone and only tickles a bit now. he informed me that it maybe chlamydia or gonorrhea and gave me a shot and 2 pills to take. after taking the shot and pills the discharge went away along with the pain. it is now day 10 and I'm getting the tickle back while urinating and a white fluid has appeared again at the tip of my penis. some questions that i have are: does this mean that the medicine did not work? and what's the next step i need to take? what else can be prescribed? Could this mean it maybe HIV? could this just be a really bad UTI? thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
STDs

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

I am sorry to hear that you are having symptoms of possible STDs. You have been treated and it initially helped but the symptoms have returned. This is common and could be that the infection was resistant to your treatment. I would recommend that you see your medical provider again and get tested and retreated. This is not a sign of HIV.

I hope I answered you question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
Dr. Ronald Schubert