Can Otrivin nasal spray be used for nose blockage in an infant?
Pediatrician suggested Otriniz saline nasal solution but baby is not allowing to put drops in his nose. Can we use Otrivin Paediatric nasal spray(10ml)??.
Actually we bought this already but instructions are given only for 2-6 years for age only but nothing mentioned about below two year on the product. Please assist us.
both are different
Thanks for writing to us.
Otrinoz saline solution is different from otrinoz pediatric solution.
The saline solution is safe and it contains only salt water , no other medicines . It can be give even to new born babies . This is mainly given to open the blocked nose and helps in normal breathing
The pediatric solution contains decongestant , which can be given only above 2 year old.
So to answer your question, get otrinoz saline solution and give that only to your child.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Otrivin nasal drop for infants
- Otrivine nasal spray
- Otrivin nasal drops newborn
- Otrivin nasal spray for 7 month baby
- Otrivin nasal drops for babies
- Otrivin nasal spray newborn
- Taking lamotrigine for epilepsy can i use otrivin nasal spray
- Otrivin nasal spray side effects
- Otrivin nasal spray junior 6 month baby
- Can otrivin nasal spray be used on a 7month baby