Can Norethisterone be used to delay menstruation?
3 days before the expected period
Welcome to HCM.
I have gone through your query.
First you have to calculate the expected date of your next period, which you have done. If you sexually active and taking any oral contraceptive agent, then you should continue the drug without any gap.
If you are not taking any pill, you should take norethisterone group of drug starting 3 days before the date of expected period (22 December). Continue it for the days you want to delay your period. Then stop the medicine and wait for 7 days. Withdrawal bleeding will occur within this time period.
Kindly, procure complete prescription from your local doctor.
Hope this helps. I'll be glad to address your further questions. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish your good health and take care.
Kindly find the answer below.
Good to hear from you.
Usually one can expect the period to commence after a week of stopping the drug.
The drug should usually be started 3 days before the expected period, so that you won't get your period till you take the drug.
What are dates when you don't want your period?
As you are on the drug, so when you stop, you can accept period within a week, kindly plan accordingly.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Not menstruating so given norethisterone tablets
- Norethisterone and inducing menstruation
- Take norethisterone 5 days before menstruation
- Norethisterone helps bring on menstruation
- How to use norethisterone to delay period
- Norethisterone dosing to postpone menstruation
- Norethisterone tablets bp 5mg to stop menstruation
- Still no menstruation after taking norethisterone
- Norethisterone postpone menstruation
- Norethisterone 1 day before menstruation
- Positive pregnancy test, precautions taken during sex, delayed periods....
- Heart palpitations. prescribed beta blockers. on levothyroxine. history...
- Severe one sided headaches, nausea, blisters on face, neck. prescribed...
- Voice hoarseness, on HCG diet. Common side effect ?
- Have infection which is fatal to fetus, doctors recommend abortion....
- Left ovary contains avascular cyst with septum, no blood flow in septum....
- Child having high fever and headache. Taken motrin. Fever persisting....
- Itchiness in testicles, reddish coloration. on dermovate cream, worsened...
- Chest congestion and breathlessness. On Wysolone and Seroflo inhaler. No...
- Severe shoulder pain. Taking ibuprofen. MRI not needed. Physiotherapy...