Can Lyme disease cause Chiari malformation?
No, but symptoms may be similar.
Hi, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Chiari malformation is a congenital malformation of cranial posterior fossa.
Lyme disease or borreliosis is an infective disease caused by bacteria ( Borrelia).
When Lyme affects central nervous system ( neuro borreliosis), some symptoms may be similar to Chiari malformation.
Thise are two different diseases, not related to each other.
Hope this answers your question. If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Arnold chiari malformation causes
- Does chiari malformation cause you to have nightmares
- Can chiari malformation cause hair loss
- Can smoking while pregnant cause chiari malformation
- Arnold–chiari malformation causes
- Chiari malformation causing nose bleeds
- Streptococcus causing chiari malformation
- Can smoking cigarettes cause chiari malformations
- Can chiari malformation cause learning problems
- Chiari malformation causes