Can Klebsiella cause urinary tract infection?

Question
Earlier I had sent in a question regarding Klebsiella causing a vaginal infection in my 74 year old sister. Since then we have learned that the infection is an uti. Now my question has changed to this: what can our family do about repeatedly getting conflicting information from the hospital staff? My sister has been in this hospital for 4 weeks, and we are confused by the various responses to our questions. Thank you
YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Infections

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Specimen from which it was isolated

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Ms

Klebsiella infection is more likely to harbour in the urinary tract.

You can ask the following information from hospital staff

1. What is the source of sample from which Klebsiella has been identified and grown in culture
2 . What is antibiotic and culture sensitivity report of the specimen.
3. Was Ultrasound abdomen done

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD