Can I split losartan pot 50mg tablets?

Posted on Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Can I split Losartan POT 50MG tablets? I included my medical history and medication info in my original message. Do you have that information or do I need to re-enter it.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 30 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX,
I have gone through your detail history and conclusion is to reduce the amount of losartan and atenolol.
Atenolol , a medicine you are taking for blood pressure, reduces heart rate and target should be not below 60 beats/ min. While in your case, it is 55 beats/ min.
Losartan is also blood pressure reducing medicine and blood pressure should not be below 90 mm Hg systolic while in your case, it is 80 mm Hg .
So you can break tablet containing losartan and atenolol.
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Dr. Mayank Bhargava