Can HIV be contracted through non-penetrative sexual activity?

Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hi. I indulged in heterosexual French kissing and fingering. The lady I was with told me later that her companion many years ago had developed hiv/253657?iL=true" >AIDS. She further informed me that she has been continually testing herself and has come up HIV negative each time.
There was no oral or vaginal sex. What are the chances of my contracting HIV?
Yours-Worried
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The chances are very unlikely.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome to HCM.

French kissing and fingering with women of known negative status are no risk activities for HIV. Even though the women was positive than also the risk is very unlikely or remote so don't get worried. For any further query feel free to ask me any time.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 35 minutes later
Should I take a test or do you feel it's unnecessary.
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No testing is required.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome back and thanks for follow-up.

As such no testing is required as the risk is very unlikely but if these thoughts are disturbing you then it is better to get tested to relieve your anxiety and to clear all your doubts. For any further help you can contact me any time.

Thank You