Can HIV be contracted through non-penetrative sex?

Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa

Sexologist

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Sexual Health
Question: Hello doc

I visited massage parlour in blore. Girl did Handjob and no other sexual contact.
Due to stress I tested after 3 months that is 4th generation eia test got negative. After 5 months 23days tested for card method and rapid method got negative.

But now am getting headche skin burning and rashes. Feeling tiered.
What may be the reason am at risk of HIV.
All are telling that u can't get HIV by hand job
Am uncircumcised is that risk
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Relax

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for the query
I can understand your concern but you need to understand how HIV virus is transmitted. Exchange of body fluids is a must for transmission because it can't survive outside the body fluids . This is the reason it is not transmitted by touch, handshake or using towel etc. handjob doesn"t involve exchange of body fluids so there can be no chance of transmission. No further test of ant type is necessary
DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 12 minutes later
Sir am uncircumcised so is there any risk. But why am getting all these symptoms
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Relax

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Circumcision makes no difference. Present symptoms are due to anxiety
DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 5 minutes later
Thank u for your reply sir. Now ots relif.
Sir what about hepatitis b . Tested 2times at 5 months . Strip method. Got negative.
What is window period for HIV. Is it accurate at 4 months and 5 and half months.
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Relax

Detailed Answer:
Hi
It is same with Hepatitis B Window period for HIV is XXXXXXX 6 months .
DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA