Can HIV be contracted through a non-penetrative sex?

Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Should i get tested for hiv

Girl gave handjob and spit on penis. Not sure if there was blood, but was concerened it would go into uretha. What are chances for getiing hiv this way?
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The chances are very unlikely.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Welcome to HCM.

The risk of getting HIV from doing just hand job is nil but if the girl spitted on your penis and you think that it would enter into your urethra than also there is very less risk of getting HIV so don't worry. If still any query left feel free to ask me any time.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 11 minutes later
Thank you. Should i get tested?
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can.

Detailed Answer:
Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Welcome back and thanks for follow-up.

You can get tested to relieve your anxiety and test result will clear all your doubts also.

Thank You