Can HIV be contracted through a non-penetrative sex?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in HIV and AIDS
Question: What is chance of getting hiv from a sex worker who gave handjob and spit on penis once. I don't know if blood was present
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
0%

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this experience. The risk is almost inexistent and very close to zero. There is no reason getting bothered. If it were this easy to contract HIV, the entire globe would have already been contaminated. However, protection during intercourse is always the best way to go.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 27 minutes later
Woild you not worry about the potential for blood in the saliva either? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Blood on intact skin has no impact!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for following up.

Blood on intact skin will not let to contamination. Be calm and relaxed. There is nothing to bother about here.

I wish you well.